Make a dress with help from this easy-to-follow sewing pattern. Françoise is a chic and easy-to-wear mini dress, inspired by sixties fashion yet always in style. The design features striking French darts and raglan seams. Choose from two-piece three-quarter length sleeves or a sleeveless version, with optional collar and waist tab.
With its simple flat sleeve construction method and jargon-busting instructions, this pattern makes a great first dress project for beginner sewists. More experienced stitchers can add the optional collar and play around with design variations - how about adding piping to the raglan seam lines?
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour guide with step-by-step photo instructions.
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight cotton, sateen or light twill, preferably with a bit of stretch; double crepe; linen; double knit. The sleeveless version would also be great in gabardine, quilting weight cotton, light wool or brocade.
- Fabric - 1.8m x 150cm wide (2 yards x 60in) OR 2.4m x 115cm wide (2 5/8 yards x 45in) (less for sleeveless version)
- Matching thread
- 56cm / 22in invisible zip
- Iron-on interfacing (about 30cm / 12in, similar weight to your fabric)
- Optional: 2 x 2.5cm / 1in buttons for the tab
- Optional: 1.2m x 35mm bias binding for sleeveless version (or you can make your own)
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl invisible zip foot
SIZES (body measurements)
|1||76cm (30in)||61cm (24in)||84cm (33in)|
|2||81cm (32in)||66cm (26in)||89cm (35in)|
|3||86.5cm (34in)||71cm (28in)||94cm (37in)|
|4||91.5cm (36in)||76cm (30in)||99cm (39in)|
|5||96.5cm (38in)||81cm (32in)||104cm (41in)|
|6||101.5cm (40in)||86.5cm (34in)||109cm (43in)|
|7||106.5cm (42in)||91.5cm (36in)||114cm (45in)|
|8||112cm (44in)||96.5cm (38in)||119.5cm (47in)
There are no reviews yet.Leave a Review